Author Topic: I don't see this many familiar names at family reunions.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline ref1ection

• Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
I don't see this many familiar names at family reunions.
« on: July 21, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
I've been following along on the other board for a few years when I can and have enjoyed the posts and info although I find it difficult to contribute any builds as those times when I'm in the mood the machines are tied up with work. I was warned by someone in the beginning that I had to watch that trying to make a living at machining didn't suck the fun out of it. That hasn't happened, but at times it's hard to get motivated to do something for fun after doing it for work all day.

I've promised myself that I'm going to start and complete a build starting soon just to get back into the swing of things. I owe a large debt to the many contributors for what I've learned from them over the last two years and hope to be able to contribute to this forum to help somebody else.

Ray
Indecision... the key to flexibility!

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: I don't see this many familiar names at family reunions.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:42:44 PM »
Ray

Welcome to Model Engine Maker Ray. I can see that you recognize some familiar friendly faces here and we look forward to your participation in the various forums.

Start with a simpler engine like a small wobbler. It won't take forever to build and as you can watch it come to life it will get the juices flowing and get you excited about it. It will be different than your day job so it will be exciting. Let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers  :)

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal