Author Topic: A Weir Steam Pump  (Read 4959 times)

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
Re: A Weir Steam Pump
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2021, 07:06:20 PM »
Wel Done Chris :ThumbsUp:   Another great build :praise2:     Terry

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2021, 09:30:51 PM »
Thanks Terry!

I had a note from a friend who wants to build one too, and he could not find the plans on Kennions website. Turns out there are TWO places with similar name that sell model steam stuff, the one I got the plans from is GLR Kennions, not Kennions Model Engineering Supplies.

Chris

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2021, 09:41:19 PM »
What happened here Chris .... your builds use to entertain the rest of us for months at least  :popcorn:
But now it's only a matter of days - hardly time to notice that you have started, before you're finished with this one  ;)

Is it going to stay bling, so to speak, or are you give it some patina / scenery ...?

Per

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2021, 10:01:03 PM »
What happened here Chris .... your builds use to entertain the rest of us for months at least  :popcorn:
But now it's only a matter of days - hardly time to notice that you have started, before you're finished with this one  ;)

Is it going to stay bling, so to speak, or are you give it some patina / scenery ...?

Per

:Lol:   yeah, I looked back and this one was only a week. I DID mention at the start it would be a quick build! These pumps are very simple, no crankshaft, no eccentric, very few parts. Still, its mesmerizing to watch running slow. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, finally made it to the top of the list.

Now, the next project is gonna be another biggy, time and size wise. It will be the Holly pumping engine from the Ward station in Buffalo. I've mentioned it before, finally got the 3d CAD model complete and started making the 2d drawing sheets. Also got some materials on order for the base and frames. Found a pair of big flywheels that I can adapt, and got a couple of cast iron automotive cylinder liners to use for the cores of the intermediate and low pressure cylinders. Stay tuned for the start!

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2021, 11:16:03 PM »
Awesome and very impressive Dog, your the man...... :Love:

:cheers:
Don

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2021, 11:28:53 PM »
Awesome and very impressive Dog, your the man...... :Love: