Author Topic: Pet hates!  (Read 33036 times)

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
Re: Pet hates!
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2013, 01:26:34 AM »
OK now y'all let me ask ya this. What do you reason the maximum DOC would be on  Aciera Mill with  a  1/8 carbide cutter in 4130 at a 43 degree angle? Don't matter as long as ya got some paper, any paper. Lived in one dive when I was single that had no seat: problem settled. I've lived in joints when I was single that we let the roaches and mice fight over the mail. Wasn't nothing but bills and we didnt want em anyhow. Under or over: hell any magazine page that wasn't a centerfold was fair game. Vodka, Gin, garnishments: are you shirting ,me? ALCOHOL in any form or fashion, if you want to give me salad with it I'll eat it. Now, my Momma taught me a lot and to her I'm thankful fer a lot but we best leave her out of this see # 14 did someone say squirrel? Mmmmmm fried, gravy, biscuits, and taters :cheers:
Eric
?

Offline Captain Jerry

• Summerfield, FL USA
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2013, 02:56:28 AM »
I don't hate my pets! Lets be clear about that.

One thing that I do hate is unnecessary knowledge.  Here is an example.  When leaving the restroom in a public place, men will wait until they have returned to public view and then feel the need to check that their zipper is up.  An almost involuntary movement of the right hand to the fly for reassurance follows.  Next time your resturant table has a view of the door to the men's room take a little survey.  You will see the motion at least 8 out of 10 times.  If you were not aware of this before, you are now, and this knowledge may lead you to learn that you also are afflicted with this habit.  The knowledge will do you no good.  With effort, you may be able to make a final check before leaving the men's room and not make the gesture in public view.  But you will not be able to keep it up.  You will forget, and relapse.  You may be able to train yourself to put your right hand in your pocket when leaving the restroom to avoid the gesture but personally, I think that looks worse.

If you don't believe me, take the survey.  This is what I mean by unnecessary knowledge.  You might want to be careful where you take the survey and for safety's sake, don't do it two days in a row in the same place.  And there are some places where you should not do it at all.

Jerry                                                                                                                                          1987
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:10:57 AM by Captain Jerry »
NOTARY SOJAK

There are things that you can do and some things you can't do. Don't worry about it. try it anyway.

Offline Rayanth

• Lake Stevens, Washington, USA
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2013, 03:59:24 AM »
pet peeves, how fun... I have far more than I can list, but a few come to mind

-- People who make a comment about something, assuming you know what they mean. But when you express ignorance, they refuse to tell you, instead rubbing it in your face that they know something you don't know.

-- SWMBO, when she comes into the room to tell me something, I acknowledge it, then get back to reading... and every time I start to read, she says something else, causing me to start over. It's a routine we have. I start reading she starts talking, so I stop reading... and she stops talking. So I wait a minute, then start reading, and she starts talking.... :hammerbash: (I love my wife, really I do)

-- 24/7/365 places that aren't.

-- 24/7/365. There needs to be WAY more time in a year. I need 9 day weeks with 4 day weekends, and about 50 hours in a day so I can get enough sleep, and still get things done.

--Rayanth

(For the one who hated eggplant but loved curry, there's a place in Okinawa, Japan called Cocoichibanya's (Coco's curry house for short) -- the serve nothing but curry. 50+ different varieties of it. I've tried their eggplant curry, cuttlefish curry, and seafood mix curry... good stuff. SUPER hot if you don't know how to order it mild, though  :stir: )
---Please understand that I am a complete novice, and may take a very wrong path to doing things. Take my opinions and procedures with a grain of salt.
--- All photos taken with a Canon Rebel t1i and resized using "OptimumJPEG".
---Please alert me to any photos or links that do not load.

Offline ScroungerLee

• Southwest Connecticut, US, North America, Earth
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2013, 02:40:51 PM »
It seems most people hate something that other people do.  In contrast with that...

I hate when I am washing my hands before leaving a public bathroom and splash the front of my pants.

Lee
Mmmmm.... Shiny!

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »
(Lights the fuse and throws this in):

How about cyclists that ride through red lights?

In California we call them targets of opportunity.  How many points you gain for a victory depends on how outrageous their clown suit looks looked. 
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

fcheslop

« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2013, 08:27:26 PM »
In E.R they are called donors

fcheslop

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2013, 10:53:21 PM »
Another one for the melting pot
EX SMOKERS why do they have to tell me how many years days and minutes since they quit, if they want a fag that badly flaming buy some and don't bend my ear I only smoke when stressed and the alternative would be murdering a customer
Oh another old Grannies at super market cafes I place a huge sign on the machine PLEASE DO NOT USE so why  do they still push the bloody buttons when there's dead bits of machine all over the place then have the affront to complain ITS NOT WORKING and wonder why there is a rather soggy angry guy looking murderously at them.
Sorry looks like I desperately need a customer relations training session :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal