Author Topic: Pet hates!  (Read 33022 times)

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park. RSA
Pet hates!
« on: February 17, 2013, 12:42:31 AM »
Web sites that advertise their wares expecting me to buy them and they don't have the decency to put the price on.  :ThumbsDown:
 :cheers:
DaveH

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Pet hates!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 12:54:07 AM »
Any examples you care to mention?

Bill

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park. RSA
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 01:12:13 AM »
Most of the South African web sites - although some have changed and have started to put prices on.
I use to phone them up and ask why don't you put the prices on "Oh it's the fluctuations in the exchange rates" what a load of crock.
I would get rude to them, and say "So you don't know the price then?" - "Oh yes it's $50" - "So put it on your web you !!@#@! ^%$#@ *&^%*^"

I understand some things are difficult to give a price - most however are not - just seems here in South Africa they don't like putting the prices on.

Here's one - not a single price  http://erintools.co.za/
DaveH

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 01:28:57 AM »
Well, the topic is hates. I hate when I order a CHEESEBURGER PLAIN, mustard only and they ask; Do you want cheese on that? If you order a hamburger with cheese and mustard they say; So you want a cheese burger with mustard? Marv, wouldn't Groucho have a blast with that one?

Eric

Offline Pete49

• top of the gulf SA, Gateway to the Flinders Ranges
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 01:30:49 AM »
Dave I too have that hate. Here in Australia they do the same thing and even worse you go to the page they link and thats it... a page ...can't do much just scroll up or down ....no prices and when you look for more info they give you a list of agents of their products. The excuse in magazines is that they are prepared 2/3 months earlier and so prices aren't included. Sorry but my take is it is to avoid competitors undercutting them. Most of the stuff stays the same price for 12 or more months so advertise the price and be done with. Thankfully some of the thinking companies now realise the internet is the way to sell to Australians and the world and so have good websites to attract the online and astute shopper. I can't believe we survided without it for so long but then we huans are a resiliant lot. :lolb:
Pete 
I used to have a friend.....but the rope broke and he ran away :(....Good news everybody I have another friend...I used chain this time :)

Offline Pete49

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 01:35:24 AM »
Eric a friend of mine  (USAF) from Philly used to make me laugh. When he came down for weekend leave from Woomera we always went to Hungry Jacks (Burger King Aussie style) he would ask for a double whopper with the lot but then added 'no tomato, cheese or mayo' when he could have ordered a plain double whopper. He said it was to keep the kids on their toes  :lolb:
Pete
I used to have a friend.....but the rope broke and he ran away :(....Good news everybody I have another friend...I used chain this time :)

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park. RSA
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 01:37:47 AM »
Pete,
It must be a southern hemisphere thing  :lolb:
DaveH

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park. RSA
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 01:39:28 AM »
I hate when I order a CHEESEBURGER PLAIN, mustard only and they ask; Do you want cheese on that?
Eric

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
DaveH

Offline John S

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 02:55:22 AM »
We get asked now "do you want horse meat with that?"  :headscratch:
John Stevenson, Nottingham , England

Offline Pete49

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 06:54:37 AM »
Certainly looks that way Dave
John S at least you can get in lasagna too :LittleDevil:
Pete

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 07:59:50 AM »
We get asked now "do you want horse meat with that?"  :headscratch:

:lolb:

In the lasagna too?
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Bearcar1

• Chicagoland Area, USA
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
Cats. I'm not real keen on cats. They only seem to pay attention to you when they require something from you. Now dogs on the other hand will go to the ends of the Earth and then some for you. (sorry all you feline fanatics but thats just the way it beez)

BC1
Jim

Offline Mosey

• Rosemont, New Jersey, USA
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 04:48:26 PM »
Love dogs, but can't have one now, as the last one was so much of a problem (sick), and finally had to be put down. We can't bear the thought of another one ultimately going down again.

The cat on the other hand, you simply must ignore. she's very nice, but you have to treat her like your mother-in-law. Mine eats swarf. Then she barfs it up and I'm in the doghouse with you know who. "either you sweep up the chips, or one of you has to go"    Guess who she means.

What I hate is $11.00 for the tool and $7.95 for shipping in a $2.95 postage envelope. Rip off.

Bluechip

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 04:50:04 PM »
Not to worry, Jim.

When we've eaten all the horses, we'll make a start on thinning the cats out for you ...

mmmmmmmmm    :LickLips:  :LickLips:  :LickLips:       Moggy Lasagne ...

Dave BC

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »
I hate 4pm on Sunday afternoons. I have to decamp from the workshop, start cooking dinner, clean the house and generally prepare for going back to work :wallbang:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal