Author Topic: My new friends I have bad news  (Read 31510 times)

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
My new friends I have bad news
« on: January 31, 2013, 01:28:51 AM »
This morning at about 2:50 amCST a severe wind force of some type hit my business. I was a 100 yards from it and it blew my full size Yukon up on two wheels. When I got the truck set down I looked up and saw the roof of the building blow off. My 77 year old father was inside cooking BBQ. Luckily he had stepped outside and was just blown into a wood fence. And to top it all off when my wife brought me dry socks and a hug she was so shaken by the destruction to our building she turned in front of a car and totaled her car. Well, she's ok, daddy's ok and we can rebuild and I've been wanting a new car. Now if that state trooper hadn't written her a $313 ticket for failure to yield  :hammerbash: everyone has helped so much today I wouldn't have anyone to bitch about. I may be kinda gone for awhile but y'all ain't getting rid of me. Vodka or Gin I don't care I just need one.

Eric

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
Re: My new friends I have bad news
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:32:51 AM »
Holy crap Eric, what a rotten day! However, I am so glad you all are still with us. Roofs, cars and buildings can be replaced, even though that's a helluva blow. The state trooper was a jerk.

I'm just glad you're all OK. Stay with us, and all the best rebuilding. Please keep stopping in and let us know how you're doing.
Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:41:51 AM »
Thanks Prop I guess I'll have a lot to keep me busy but I'll still have to get my " fix" so I'll be around but maybe just lurking. But you know me can't keep my moth shut :Director: thanks again

Eric

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 01:43:47 AM »
And I don't think we want you to keep ypur mouth shut. You chime in, and keep us appraised of getting everything back together. All the very best.
Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 01:50:47 AM »
So sorry to hear this Tennessee....just glad everyone is ok. The material things can all be fixed or replaced.  Phooey on the trooper!!!  Hang in there and keep us posted please.

Bill
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:41:45 PM by b.lindsey »

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 01:56:47 AM »
Thanks Bill I'm just here now cause I'm to wound to sleep yet. Someone told me pics were at smokeybarn.com and newschannel5.com. An old Marine told me a long time ago: if you're still breathing and moving you ain't down yet :ThumbsUp:

Thanks
Eric

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 02:27:37 AM »
Eric,

I am very sorry to hear of this.  I know the overwhelming feeling that occurs after such an event, but not to the extent that you are facing.  You just have to dig in and kick ass.  You'll come through it.

Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 03:03:58 AM »
Eric sorry to hear about your problems, just glad to hear everyone is OK. Keep us posted of your progress to recover. Hopefully the insurance will frock most of the bill for you. We all wish you well.

Don

Offline Maryak

• Rest In Peace
  • Aldinga Beach South Australia
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 03:16:58 AM »
Eric,

Sorry about your business.

Glad Dad survived

Glad your better half is OK.

Not sure about the new car but sad about the ticket.

Take care and don't be a stranger we want a business  rebuild thread when you've had sufficient Vodka to calm the nerves. I know I am comatose very relaxed after about 5 jelly jars of it.

Best Regards
Bob
Если вы у Тетушки были яйца, она была бы Дядюшкой

Offline Alan Haisley

• Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, USA
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 05:12:01 AM »
Eric, I'm glad it wasn't worse.
You are a few hundred miles due West of me and we are on tornado watch until 2:00 in the morning. I'm hoping for better luck.
Alan

Offline swilliams

• Canberra Australia
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 07:49:31 AM »
Sorry to hear about that Eric. Hope you're able to get back on track as soon as possible.

Steve

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 08:15:27 AM »
Sorry to hear the bad news Eric. The important thing is no one was hurt, things are only things and are replaceable (excpet model engines, who are not "things" they are members of the family ;)).

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Goldstar31

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 08:23:03 AM »
Sad news indeed but  someone echoed the thoughts of 'that ole Leatherneck' that some of us have experienced.
11 years ago my wife and I were involved in a massive car crash. We got out of a mountain river with nothing but the frozen clothes we wore. My wife was in hospital with nothing more than a paper underwear. She is still cripplled. Our mercedes was gone and and everything in it. Tough you might say but there were others that day- they are dead.
Yesterday my Scottish home was hit by a 127 mph wind. Tough but our neighbour there is dying of pancreatic cancer. My workshop lost its roof the other day, I'm an old man of 82 and not very strong to repair but my son's father in law had prostate cancer. My son in law lost his father to cancer in the middle of crtitical exams but he is still a leading heart surgeon.

We are very lucky in life not to have had a catalogue of nasty experiences. These are mere annoyances!

Arbalest

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 08:30:20 AM »
Sorry to hear that Eric, I hope you get it all sorted in good time.

Offline Terryd

• South Leicestershire, UK
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 08:33:20 AM »
Terrible news Eric,

I can empathise with your feelings, I had a problem a few years ago when a fire destroyed my workshop/ garage among the losses were 50 years of tool collecting, my machines and my models, 3 classic cars were destroyed and part of the house roof was lost among a whole bunch of other stuff.  However there were no casualties and I can replace a lot of what was lost eventually.

I'm still wrestling with my insurance company but they came up with most of the compensation quite quickly.  I would advise anyone to check the cover they have on their worksops and consider changing insurers if they haven't enough cover.  However I have seen several friends die at a relatively young age from a variety of causes over the last few years so I consider myself lucky to be here.

My thoughts are with you

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal