Author Topic: My Second: A Liney RV2  (Read 62265 times)

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
Re: My Second: A Liney RV2
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »
Well don't touch that dial. Tuesday thru Saturday I have to satisfy the sponsor that foots the bill for this show. Now that I have my first I am anxious to get on with the show. Film at eleven. Zee I'm holding you to it.

Yo Redneck
Eric

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 08:49:53 PM »
Zee

This ought to be interesting. Zee, are you planning to run the camera by wireless remote. Hope so, cause we don't want to miss any of the action or details. Looking forward to it. This might give team build a whole new meaning.

Cheers :cheers:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »
Zee

This ought to be interesting. Zee, are you planning to run the camera by wireless remote. Hope so, cause we don't want to miss any of the action or details. Looking forward to it. This might give team build a whole new meaning.

Cheers :cheers:

Don

Oh no. Eric just asked for a play-by-play. That means I'll just be saying again what he says.
Somewhat boring no?
What Eric wants (I think) is for someone to provide the color.
I can see what I can do but I suspect Eric will be more than colorful enough.  ;D
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 05:14:14 PM »
Well, I bet y'all thought I'd done runned away, no such luck. Friday was me birthday(New 4" vise) and I worked 14 hours. Saturday 9 more. Sunday made vise stop for new vise and helped my Dad fab a
 piece for his truck. At 77 years young when he asks now I try to make more time than I did a  few years ago. Sunday the crankcase won the toss and elected to receive. Squared it up nicely, milled 1.4x1.6x1.00 pocket, and started to drill holes for oil pan. I thought man this DRO is sweet. Holes 1 thru 6 boom boom boom. Hole 7 was on the exact opposite corner of piece. DAMHKIT!!!!! What did I do wrong? I READ THE FREAK"N PRINT WRONG DAMHKIT DAMHKIT. I was so happy that I hit my dimensions and then to make just a big old dumb A%$# mistake like that. Well that's ok I found out I need a 3/8" end mill that will reach a 1" depth of cut easily, that I can hit my marks with the new DRO, and I have a new ashtray for the workbench. Zee feel free to enter any color commentary you wish and please don't fine me for delay of game :lolb: :Director:

Y'all's Redneck
Eric

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
Happy Belated Birthday!

I guess you just gained some "experience". Got to get it somehow, right?
Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »
Proving once again that DROs allow one to make mistakes at a much faster pace than in the old days.

Get in the habit of roughly laying the holes out with a ruler and Sharpie before using the DRO to establish final position.  Such sanity checks will often save your bacon.  Especially important if you have a lot of time invested in the piece.

BTW, Happy Birthday.  I'll have a martini in your honor.  (Hell, I'll have one in anybody's honor.)

Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 05:43:49 PM »
Marv, that's the bad part. I did all the initial lay out the old fashioned way just to the wrong dimension. The hole dimensions just looked to be a simple "plug and play". By the way I thought of you the other day when I saw the video "Playing The Part" by Jamey Johnson. YouTube it and tell me if that's the real LA.  8)
Yo Redneck
Eric

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 06:14:41 PM »
There is no "real" LA.  Everything here is a stage set in the worst B-movie you can imagine.

As the producer said, "Reality is good stuff; when you can fake that, you got it made."
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 06:22:54 PM »
I think that's what that redneck video was saying and I think I'll join you in that martini. Is Stoli OK?

Eric

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »
... I think I'll join you in that martini. Is Stoli OK?

Philistine!  Real martinis are made with gin, preferably Tanqueray, and a mere whisper of dry vermouth (rubbing the cork around the rim of the glass is sufficient).
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »
Kinda, well totally off topic; Marv us necks used the gin for Salty Dogs and an unknowing partner :Love: Later in life during the snow storm of the Miami Vice and Scarface days vodka( the more expensive the better) martinis, real dry and just a little dirty Became the drink. I guess it just stuck ( thank whomever it was the only thing). Since you have become one of my new heroes  8)I'll have to go back and try the traditional. Hey, that's why we're here, to preserve the past in miniature. I'll have mine 1:1

Yo Neck
Eric

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 11:13:24 PM »
DAMHKIT!!!!! What did I do wrong? I READ THE FREAK"N PRINT WRONG DAMHKIT DAMHKIT. ...to make just a big old dumb A%$# mistake like that.  Zee feel free to enter any color commentary you wish

Add color to that? Does white-out count?  :Lol:

Philistine!  Real martinis are made with gin, preferably Tanqueray, and a mere whisper of dry vermouth (rubbing the cork around the rim of the glass is sufficient).

Well...can't let T see this one. As a gin drinker herself I thought you two could get along. Tanqueray is a no-no around here. As for vermouth...she might wave it about in the other room or whisper the word across the glass.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 01:10:13 AM »
Hmmmm. Salty dogs use vodka here Eric.  But then again, our bourbon is golden brown too  :lolb:

Bill

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 11:49:24 AM »
This may come as a shock,but, I might get just a little shop time this weekend and I've got a real engineering question.  :whoohoo:The dimension I missed was the width of crankcase. This 4cyl is a horizontal. I made it 1.4" not 1.5". If I keep the crank on center could I lengthen the cylinders by.050 on both sides would it work. The valve block sits on top of the crankcase and as long as it's centered and I as long as account for the extra length when I make valve to head tubing I don't think it would be a problem. I know I probably haven't explained something clear enough so fire away with questions and advice.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 09:45:27 PM »
Eric, is this the same piece you had the hole layout issue on? Was the barstock supplied as part of the kit or supplied by you?
Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal