Author Topic: Valve setting device on my Benson  (Read 7105 times)

Offline Johnb

• John Browning, IDSME
Re: Valve setting device on my Benson
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 10:47:02 PM »
I really like that one.
John Browning. Member of Ickenham and District SME

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 01:53:17 AM »
Very nice Geoff!  I'll put in another vote for the governor   :Lol:

So are you going to hook it up to control things? Or does it just look cool? (which it does!)
Kim

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 03:34:51 AM »
Excellent job Geoff, that's a beautiful looking engine. You have out done yourself with this one. I like......... :praise2:

Don

Offline geoff5269

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »
Thanks for all the comment guys, it looks like i should carry on, I've just been taking it one stage at a time but now i feel it would be a shame not to complete it. I can see now that the govenor has quite a force once it flys out and can imagine it shuting a valve.        I had intended to paint most of it but i kinda like the shiny metal, The collum is ali and the rest is brass  because thats what i usally work with and you don't have worry about rust. I would just like to show you one more thing that has helped me with this project, it's Stevensons square Collet block which makes it very easy when you have to drill a rod at 90 or 180 degrees, There's a Hex one to from Arceuro trade in the U.K. Here it is helping me with a govenor part.
Geoff

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 02:29:54 PM »
Geoff, somehow I have missed this log but just want to say what a beautiful engine you have made there and the slow speed running is just amazing.  :praise2: :praise2:

Bill

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »
I would just like to show you one more thing that has helped me with this project, it's Stevensons square Collet block which makes it very easy when you have to drill a rod at 90 or 180 degrees, There's a Hex one to from Arceuro trade in the U.K. Here it is helping me with a govenor part.

I have that collet block set  :ThumbsUp: I've only used the hex one, and I've found that it's not super accurate, but good enough for milling screw heads and such. I need to measure to see how it's off; it may be that the flats are accurate but the corners are not, and I've been clamping it with a corner down.

Simon

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal