Author Topic: Lister D Compressed Air Engine  (Read 23087 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Lister D Compressed Air Engine
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 02:24:10 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Chuck. You certainly achieved the IC engine sound on the Lister!! 

Bill

Offline wlb

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 10:31:20 PM »
Chuck
Have just watched the video and running fast in sounds like the real thing. For a number of years I exhibited a Lister "D" and if that was on a rally field you would know it was a Lister D. I exhibit models now so I could do with one like yours. Not a lot to see like the real ones but the sound makes up for that.
Thanks for letting us all see the build and the running as well.

Offline NickG

• Global Moderator
Lister D Compressed Air Engine
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 11:18:58 PM »
Well done again chuck, it is fantastic and lovely to see a replica of an actual engine. I really need to make one of these engines with your valve mechanism, it would attract so much attention at shows. What sort of pressure can they go down to and still sound more like an ic engine than a steam engine? Am thinking of the club display stand and whether it will run on there, I don't think it has great deal of pressure. Nevertheless, still fancy giving one a go either way!

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »
Thanks, all, for the comments.  I'll see how low I can set the pressure and still get a good sound.  Don't the shows typically provide about 30 PSI for the display models?

Chuck
So many projects, so little time...

Offline NickG

• Global Moderator
Lister D Compressed Air Engine
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 04:10:59 PM »
We have to take our own compressor, am not sure what it runs at as a lot of engines are sapping air so guess it's whatever it can keep up with flow rate wise. 30 psi doesn't sound unreasonable though. I could always knock other engines off to give short demos while I'm manning the stand rather than leaving one running.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal