Author Topic: My version of Bogstandard's Paddleducks engine build log  (Read 18680 times)

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
Re: My version of Bogstandard's Paddleducks engine build log
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »
Great build log, with lots of interesting detail. Karma from me for doing the threading on the lathe, even for smallish stuff like M6.

Simon

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
  • North Jersey
    • MadModder
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »
Tim,

I followed the build when you 1st built this engine. It was great to read then and just as good to read now. You did an incredible job with John's design.

Those not familiar with this engine, Bogs has written a book to help beginners build an engine. It is a wealth of information. I am not sure where it is hosted now, I am sure if you ask, he will direct you to it. Download it and read it. Even if you don't plan to build it... at least read it.

Eric

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My photo website
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »
Thanks Eric

Those not familiar with this engine, Bogs has written a book to help beginners build an engine. It is a wealth of information. I am not sure where it is hosted now, I am sure if you ask, he will direct you to it. Download it and read it. Even if you don't plan to build it... at least read it.

I have them hosted on my website, the direct link is Click Me

I think that they are hosted elsewhere too, I just cant remember where right now. But you are right, even if you are not considering building the paddleducks engine, the book is well worth reading through a few times, there are some great general machining and engineering tips in it. Thanks again to John (Bogs) for writing it up originally and making it available to all.

Tim
Measure with a Micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe. MI0TME

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 12:59:13 AM »
Hm, sadly I don't see any of the photos in Part 10 and later, only a couple of YouTube videos, and it doesn't look like they made it through your transfer.

The way I transferred posts from another SMF forum was to first go to each of my posts. If there's an Edit button, I click that, then Select All in the edit box, Copy, go to the window for this forum, click Reply, then Paste into that edit box.

If the post you're copying from doesn't have an edit button, you can hit the Quote button to get the text, but be sure to edit out the \[QUOTE\] parts after you paste.

Simon

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:10:26 AM by smfr »

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My photo website
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 06:38:01 AM »
Hm, sadly I don't see any of the photos in Part 10 and later, only a couple of YouTube videos, and it doesn't look like they made it through your transfer.

Well you haven't missed anything, there weren't any pictures in part 10 and later, just the youtube videos. I still haven't finished the engine off and bling-ed it up, when I do I will update the thread (but don't hold you breath while waiting)

Tim
Measure with a Micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe. MI0TME

Offline grayone

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 09:52:39 AM »
The attached may be of use to anyone who is contemplating building Bog's fun engine :happyreader:
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal