Author Topic: How's the vacuum at HMEM?  (Read 12814 times)

Offline Bearcar1

• Chicagoland Area, USA
Re: How's the vacuum at HMEM?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
Bogs,

Your not just a pretty face

He's not??!!  Bob, maybe you better have another drink there sailor ...... :o ;D :-*

BC1
Jim

Offline Cedge

• Greenville, SC, USA
    • The Steam Gallery
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 05:15:48 PM »
Jim
Is that a "Man Crush" yer expressing there?....(evil grin)

Steve
Steve

Offline Bearcar1

• Chicagoland Area, USA
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 07:37:07 PM »
Stevo, yer sick I tell you, just sick. Man crush? Brrrrr! Orange Crush maybe but not that, no never.  8)

Although I do seem to recall a certain member in our midst that was allegedly quit devilish in a tutu. ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:12:41 PM by Bearcar1 »

Offline Cedge

• Greenville, SC, USA
    • The Steam Gallery
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 07:53:22 PM »
Now that you mention it... so do I.  Reckon we can score some hush money for keeping that tidbit quiet?

Steve
Steve

Offline Cedge

• Greenville, SC, USA
    • The Steam Gallery
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »
John
My comments were not meant to be detrimental to HMEM at all. In fact I wish them all the luck they can garner. The numbers we shared just lay bare some interesting information that most users never get to see.  When you look at the 150 active HMEM members that have already signed up here, it isn't exactly painting rainbows and roses for those who stayed. To see 5 long years of hard work, by so many people, take that kind of devastating hit in one 24 hour period has simply been astounding. HMEM's future evolution should also be just as interesting to observe.

Steve
Steve

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
Although I do seem to recall a certain member in our midst that was allegedly quit devilish in a tutu. ;D

I remember him! Handsome guy. A little less on top and a little more below (and even less below that) but you can't help liking him.

Not much skill but a great dancer as I recall.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Bogstandard

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »
I realised that Steve, and the only reason I piped up was to prevent the rest of the post going a little too far.

Understandably, with all that has happened, tempers have been a little frayed over the last few days, mine included, but I left that behind when I left HMEM, and even a tiny spark by the touch paper could have started a real outburst of hatred.

Which isn't what any of us want at this time.

John

Offline Bearcar1

• Chicagoland Area, USA
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 09:17:06 PM »

I remember him! Handsome guy. A little less on top and a little more below (and even less below that) but you can't help liking him.

Not much skill but a great dancer as I recall.

Yeah, that's the guy alright. skinny legs but man could he dance!!! Funniest thing I ever saw,...... can you tie them in a knot, is my *ahem*, no wait ...,are my ears to long..........

Offline Firebird

• East Midlands UK
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 10:33:43 AM »
Hi

I have 2 places where I up load photos to, Photobucket and Dropshots. Having spent a few hours trying to sort through them I gave up and deleted the lot, every last one. I have all my photos backed up to disc so I can find them all again. Time for a fresh start I think. I have just been over to HMEM to check on my posted topics and all the pictures/drawings/plans have gone. The topics/build logs etc are now useless without them. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

It would be impossible for me to rewrite them over here as some of my builds went on for years but if anyone is interested in anything specific I should be able to dig it out again.

Cheers

Rich

Bogstandard

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
Rich,

I know exactly how you feel, but I knew how to move my file on PB.

I have most of the texts I used in my posts, copied directly from the web pages they were displayed on, including the old picture links.

All I need to do is post that text here, and pop my newly displaced pictures into them by a small change of text to the original picture links.

Old picture link - http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/bogstandard_photos/Change this bit/SCOTT212.jpg

New picture link - http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/bogstandard_photos/To new bit/SCOTT212.jpg

That is what I am now doing with my Scott engine build, when I can get the time to do it.

John
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:50:47 PM by Bogstandard »

Troutsqueezer

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 10:44:49 PM »
Hi

I have 2 places where I up load photos to, Photobucket and Dropshots. Having spent a few hours trying to sort through them I gave up and deleted the lot, every last one. I have all my photos backed up to disc so I can find them all again. Time for a fresh start I think. I have just been over to HMEM to check on my posted topics and all the pictures/drawings/plans have gone. The topics/build logs etc are now useless without them. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

It would be impossible for me to rewrite them over here as some of my builds went on for years but if anyone is interested in anything specific I should be able to dig it out again.

Cheers
Rich

Rich, As time goes on and maybe if you get more requests but when the time feels right, I wouldn't mind a re-post of the project you did that had the boiler and oscillating steam engine all on the same platform. I remember there was a lot of good advice being handed out from many experts on the topic regarding the steam connections, etc. I've always wanted to build a complete steam powered setup with the boiler, engine, generator and lighting system. Always figured I'd go back to your original build post when the time came for me. That said, I probably won't get started on that particular project for some time so don't go rushing into anything. I think many others stand to benefit from that build as well.

Thanks.

-Dennis

Offline Lew Hartswick

• Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
It does no good at all badmouthing each other, which is what will happen, to the detriment of both sites.

John
Yea John, the old saying, "If you can't say something nice about a person (or site) don't say anything".
:-)  Just ignore them. :-)
   ...lew...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal