Author Topic: photobucket/dropshots  (Read 9090 times)

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: photobucket/dropshots
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 04:40:37 AM »
I used to spend a fair amount of time, just browsing through the older threads.  I just assumed they would always be there.  It is a great loss to the community.  I'm going to leave my Photobucket albums as they were, even though the loss would hardly be missed.

Jerry

Jerry

That will be appreciated by many people in the weeks and years to come.

Cheers  :cheers:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Bogstandard

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 08:28:57 AM »
Dek,

Even though you might only be lurking, you could show us what you do get up to in here.

It would be a perfect place to show off your true English eccentricity.

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/board,25.0.html

T'others,

If HMEM had been taken over by almost any other way, say a sellout to members or a member, then my photos would have stayed exactly as they were and this site would never have got off the ground, or in fact be needed.
But as it is, things went as they did, people talked with their feet, and we need now to make the best of what we have.

I still have photos that came from the original HMEM, not shown on the one we were used to, so I can even resurrect posts that a lot of you have never seen before.

It will take a long time, and a lot of posts will be reshown, but don't worry, it won't all be for nothing. We need to think to the future, and all the new members that will be joining, that have never seen them before.

We need to rebuild a library that has been burnt down, and that is what I will be doing with my information, between my bouts of machining.

John

Offline Deko

• Crewe, Cheshire, UK
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 11:41:11 AM »
 :whoohoo:     Thanks John. :AllHailTheKing: :ThumbsUp:  The catagory heading is a perfect one for me, so i had to take advantage strait away and post some pics. :pinkelephant:

Cheers  Dek. :old:

Offline Captain Jerry

• Summerfield, FL USA
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »

I still have photos that came from the original HMEM, not shown on the one we were used to, so I can even resurrect posts that a lot of you have never seen before.

It will take a long time, and a lot of posts will be reshown, but don't worry, it won't all be for nothing. We need to think to the future, and all the new members that will be joining, that have never seen them before.

We need to rebuild a library that has been burnt down, and that is what I will be doing with my information, between my bouts of machining.

John

That is what we need.  I know that you have a lot on your plate with getting this place organized and promoted.  That is important work, so when you can get around to it, it would be good to see some of the older stuff.

That goes for everyone who has moved in here.  Build logs are fun to re-read but even some of the quick "How To" stuff needs to be reposted.  No matter how old it may seem to you, I can guarantee that if you post it here, some people will see it for the first time.

Jerry
NOTARY SOJAK

There are things that you can do and some things you can't do. Don't worry about it. try it anyway.

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »
We need to rebuild a library that has been burnt down

What a perfect way to express it, John.  You've inspired me.  As I have time, I'll resurrect some of  my tool and jig posts and add them to the shelves.
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »
John & Marv,
 Yes please please post as soon as possible! (Guess I'll just have to cool my heels as I know John must just about be drowning under electrons!) The chronicles that you guys & many other posted are inspiring...well to me anyway.
I went looking earlier for one of John, got side tracked as usual on one of his others, words are OK but photos really help.

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal