Author Topic: photobucket/dropshots  (Read 9089 times)

Offline Firebird

• East Midlands UK
photobucket/dropshots
« on: July 20, 2012, 08:46:22 PM »
Hi

I have 2 places I upload photos to, photobucket and dropshots. I have just been over to photobucket and made the entire account private. Just checked over on HMEM and the pictures/drawings are still viewable?? Is there something else I can do to remove MY WORK from HMEM?? If push comes to shove I will happily delete all photos from both hosting sites and start again.

Cheers

Rich

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: photobucket/dropshots
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:57:41 PM »
Rich

I think that you will have to either move the photos to another album or folder or rename them. Anything that breaks the path string so it shows up as an invalid path or target not found. Of course if you do this, if you have the photos any place that you do not want them removed they will also be gone. Kind of a catch 22 situation.

Cheers  :)

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Alan Haisley

• Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, USA
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 10:16:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure that private only affects lookup and viewing on photobucket. It doesn't block a direct URL link.

Alan

Offline Firebird

• East Midlands UK
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 10:45:12 PM »
Hi

Well I have decided to bite the bullet and delete the lot. I have all the photos backed up on discs (somewhere in the filing system) so I don't need them to be on photobucket. For the most part they are only linked to HMEM. A good clearout every now and then is a good thing I think. I acn start afresh for this new forum.

Cheers

Rich

Bogstandard

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:19:17 PM »
Rich,

On PB you go to your account and create a new folder, give it a good name.

Go to your old folder and at the top select 'view all'.

When they are all on, go to the very bottom, then click box 'select all'

Right next to that box, select Choose action/Move selected

From there you will transfer them all to the folder you have just created.

JOB DONE

Sometimes, if you have lots of pictures, the transfer will fall over after moving say a third of them. Just go back and repeat. Eventually they will all be sent to your new folder.

It took me about 15 minutes to move about 4000 pictures.

John

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
I too took the opportunity of this upheaval to completely re-organize my Photobucket files - something I've intended to do for a long time.

Sadly, this meant that nearly every one of my photos now has a different URL and so is not viewable in the threads where the photos were mentioned.  Purely unintentional, you understand but, being German, I believe that sacrifices must be made in the interest of Ordnung.

If you need the photos for any reason, just contact me and I'll supply fresh copies.
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline old phart

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 11:47:52 PM »
Orderly?

Meister mklotz. :o

Excuse me but I do not believe that you have ever been anything other then orderly!!
And a great help with being so.

Kind regards,

Ron
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:03:01 AM by old phart »

Offline Deko

• Crewe, Cheshire, UK
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 12:01:26 AM »
The only thing i have ever put in buckets, is water, and as for urls i allways thought they were third down the list of aristocracy.  What this computer illiterate soul would like to know, is can i put pics on here strait from the files on my computer ?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, ( maybe on spelling to )

Cheers Derek

Offline old phart

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 12:05:19 AM »
Deko,
Try the spell check!

Kind regards,

Ron

Offline Mainer

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 12:17:33 PM »
When you post a new thread or reply to one, under the text entry box you'll see a link, Attachments and other options. Use that to include pictures, etc.

Offline Deko

• Crewe, Cheshire, UK
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 04:21:24 PM »
Thanks for that Mainer, but i think i may become the first dropout from the site. After reading some of the other posts,it would seem that it will be exclusively model steam engines. I know that is what it says on the tin, and fair enough,there is no doubt that is the main activity of the majority of MEs, but whilst i enjoy looking at them,and appreciate the skill involved in making them, i have no interest in ever building one. So it is begining to look like i will stick with mad modders.  Time will tell. :(

Cheers  Derek

Bogstandard

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
Dek,

After reading the first line of your last post, I immediately thought to myself that Madmodders would be the ideal place to show what you do, then reading a little further, I found out you are already there.

So it only looks like a little time and effort has been wasted on your part. Sorry to lose you so soon, but it is the best decision for yourself.

What's the use of standing in crap, when it could be roses.

BTW, I won't be able to make it this week, but I will most probably call around to see you next week.

John

Offline Deko

• Crewe, Cheshire, UK
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »
Hi John
           :help: Me and my wandering typing finger ! What i should have said is "i will not be posting on here, as i have nothing to contribute re small engines".  When i first enter a ME website, i allways click on "unread posts since your last visit",and on this occasion i read a post where both yourself and AdeV seamed to be discouraging a chap from posting about a router table build,(but i may have read it wrong). However,,,, after looking at the catogories for posts i see various places of interest where i can pick up tips on machining Etc. ::)  Now i know you are self effacing John but "standing in crap" Blimy!!! It is a testament to your popularity that the site now has many hundred new members in no time at all.  So not going (unless thrown off), just lurking with intent to poke a bit of fun on occasions. :cheers:

Cheers Dek

Offline lazylathe

• Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 06:08:39 PM »
Like Marv and John i also took the time to rearrange my PB pictures.
Unfortunately when i started recording what i was doing all the pics were just uploaded
and it was starting to get messy trying to find something in 20 pages of pictures.

Now they are all neatly organised in sub folders.
Unfortunately some of the links disappeared as well.
I still need to go on a few sites to restore them, but our old home will be left without the images.
No great loss since i am certainly far from even being a novice! ;D

Andrew
A new place to hide my swarf!

Offline Captain Jerry

• Summerfield, FL USA
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 06:48:55 PM »
I used to spend a fair amount of time, just browsing through the older threads.  I just assumed they would always be there.  It is a great loss to the community.  I'm going to leave my Photobucket albums as they were, even though the loss would hardly be missed.

Jerry
NOTARY SOJAK

There are things that you can do and some things you can't do. Don't worry about it. try it anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal