Author Topic: what week it has been  (Read 6536 times)

Offline ths

• Kangaroo Valley, NSW, Australia
what week it has been
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 10:56:30 PM »
My deepest condolences, Chuck. We have three (one each), and have had others in the past. They're all family, and its always a huge loss.

Hugh.

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
Re: what week it has been
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
My condolences Chuck....
Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »
My sincerest sympathies Chuck.
Cherish the memories.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 11:31:08 PM »
Chuck

You have my deepest sympathies; in my adult life I have had 7 wonderful dogs (2 currently) the other 5 all lived long happy lives and believe me I know how you are feeling right now. We lost two dogs in one year; one of them was just old and it was her time to go. The other one was only 8 years old; he had some digestive tract problems that we weren't able to get a handle on; he went down hill pretty quick and we lost him last summer. 

We have two pups now, one is a year and a half the other one is 6 months; one forgets how much fun puppies can be.

When the time is right hopefully you can let another four legged friend into your life.

Hang in there,
Dave

Offline Captain Jerry

• Summerfield, FL USA
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 12:11:44 AM »
The loss of a companion like Missy leaves a big empty feeling as you come to understand how much she made your life better.  But that doesn't compare to how much you meant to her.  We accept the love and trust of a friend like that knowing that a day will come when they are gone and it will be sad but we do it anyway and are better for the experience.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Jerry
NOTARY SOJAK

There are things that you can do and some things you can't do. Don't worry about it. try it anyway.

Offline Mike OConnor

• Tallahassee, Florida USA
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 12:27:29 AM »
Very sorry for your loss Chuck,

They become such an integral part of your family and your daily routine that their loss is just as devastating as any other member of the family would be.

I also had a dog who was diagnosed with cancer about thirteen years ago now, a big Lab-German Shepard mix named Thunder, who was 130 lbs. fit and trim. He was eight years old at the time and it was a complete shock because it just showed up during a routine vet visit as a lump in his chest. We watched him have good days and bad days for two months until we had him put down. I think it was the toughest decision I've ever had to face, but you know in your heart when it is time for their suffering to end.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
Mike

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »
Chuck, I know what's its like to loose a pet. A you have my condolences and sympathies. We have a new pet and she's a joy to have. Each have there own little personality, but they love us more then we love them. Take care Bud and hope you find another to fill her spot as I have.

Don

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 02:39:27 PM »
I am happy to hear that there will be a new member of the family in the probably not to distant future. That will certainly help to fill the void. When the time comes, please post a picture of the new puppy.

Bill

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 03:14:38 PM »
Chuck,

I have just read this thread and would like to say that I'm really sorry of your loss. I and my wife can empathise so well with how you must be feeling. The only pet we have ever had - a cat called Peri had to be put to sleep after contracting leukeamia. That was in 1984 and it caused the pair of us such greif we have never felt quite able to take on board anything else. Whilst we still feel that way we do however still love having animals about and 'foster' a certain spaniel called Ben several times a year. The amount of pleasure he brings us is really noticeable but only after he's gone back home, the house feels quite empty for some time.

We both hope your pain soon eases

Our condolences - Ramon and Sue
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal