Author Topic: E-mail notifications  (Read 5167 times)

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
E-mail notifications
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
I was hoping to be the first to notice, but no chance with you observant people....

On the last day of my Florida trip, my unit suffered a power outage sufficiently long that the UPSes couldn't cope, so everything went kaput. Unfortunately, in doing so, it also killed my firewall server stone dead. Although I have now replaced the server, I am also in the process of changing from MS Windows based ISA Server, to Linux based iptables security, and getting outbound e-mail working has so far eluded me...

I am currently receiving loads of "transient delivery failures" - hopefully, I can restore the outbound e-mail function before they become permanent delivery failures... and you will receive all of your notifications.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, I should probably get my mail server moved to a VM machine....

If there are any iptables/fwbuilder experts out there, I would be delighted to take an assist on how to fix my routing and/or policy rules so that the internal network can access the outside world.... I've got traffic going the other way no problem - please send me a PM.
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
Re: E-mail notifications
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »
The retry queue has now cleared, so I'm pretty sure that's notifications working again.

There were a couple of really dodgy looking registrations (apparently random characters for usernames) which refused to go, so if you're expecting a registration code & didn't get one, please just try again.

We have recently installed a number of anti-spambot measures, as the number of spammer attack attempts have gone through the roof; if you are a genuine member-to-be and you can't seem to get past the first hurdle, please feel free to e-mail one of the management team, at admins [at] modelenginemaker [dot] com (obviously, repacling [at] with @ and [dot] with .) and we'll look into it.
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal